Do you constantly find yourself craving fluffy bagels (like me)? Well, here are my 3 favorite ways to eat and make this delicious keto bagel with almond flour recipe. I know, I know, I’m a little biased.
Having lived in NY, and now in NJ, all I’d see are bagel places in every corner, which is why I’m used to eating them for breakfast and brunch.
As such, I decided to bring all the delicious NYC bagel flavors to keto for this bagel with almond flour recipe!
First things first, the keto bagel with almond flour recipe Ingredients:
How to mix the bagel with almond flour dough?
- Melted Cheese – Melt the mozzarella in a microwave safe bowl.
- Mix the ingredients as fast as possible – While the cheese is melted and super hot, add the dry ingredients and begin folding with a rubber spatula. Place the bowl in the microwave again for 30 sec.
- Keep Folding! – Add your lightly beaten egg and fold some more until completely incorporated.
- Shape your bagel while it’s hot – it’s important for you to create the bagel shape while the dough is warm so it doesn’t break.
Shaping your Keto Bagel with Almond Flour
It’s very simple!
- Divide your dough into 4 pieces.
- Create a long cylinder and connect both ends forming a circle.
- Press the seam and place on the parchment paper.
Breakfast, Lunch, or Snack!
Keto bagels, just like regular bagels, can be used to make delicious sandwiches or toast. I love putting all kinds of toppings in them, but especially good old classic cream cheese!
Quick Bite and Easy to Make !
I love this bagel with almond flour recipe because it’s so easy to make, and it keeps me full all morning. I can load it up with my three favorite combinations:
Fried egg with Mexican chorizo
Lox and cream cheese
Cream cheese and Keto Raspberry Jam
1. Fried Egg and Mexican Chorizo Bagel
This Mexican style of eating a bagel is inspired by NYC’s famous combination: bacon, egg, and cheese. If you live in the area chances are you have eaten at least one of these bagels (or 50 like me lol), and you know they’re the bomb!
Here’s is my version:
- 1 fried egg
- Half a Mexican Chorizo
- Sprinkle of feta cheese
- Black Pepper
- Mexican Cheese
2. Lox and Cream Cheese Keto Bagel
I think lox and cream cheese is a match made in heaven! I used to order this combination at the bagel store near my job everyday without fail.
I’m kind of obsessed, so I decided to recreate the classic at home. Let me tell you, it may even taste better when it’s homemade! So FRESH and so tasty!
- Cream Cheese
- Store bought smoked salmon
- Red onion
3. Sweet Breakfast – Cream Cheese and Keto Raspberry Jam
I mean, you guys know I love my sweets (hence the blog name 😉 ) so I couldn’t finish this post without including a sweet option for the bagel with almond flour.
I’ve made low carb jam before (strawberry jam), and it turned out delicious, so this time I decided to make a similar keto raspberry jam. It’s so easy to make, and it also goes amazingly well with my chia seed pudding, so I make sure to make extra for the week!
Keto Raspberry Jam Recipe:
- 2 cups Frozen or Fresh Raspberries
- 2 tbsp monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
Keto Raspberry Jam Instructions:
- In a small sauce pan on medium heat, place all
the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Stir occasionally for 10 min.
- Let cool completely and then store in an air-tight container.
Share Your Results!
I hope you enjoy my 3 Ways of Eating Keto Bagel with Almond Flour and Keto Raspberry Jam recipe as much as I did. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out!
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram, use the hashtag #sweetketolife, and tag me @sweetketolife. Absolutely love to see your creations!
Salty recipes you might like:
Keto Bagel with Almond Flour
- 1½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp xantham gum
- 1 large egg beated
- Preheat the oven to 360°F
- Place the shredded mozzarella in a medium-size microwave-safe mixing bowl and microwave for 70 seconds.
- Mix in the almond flour, xantham gum, baking powder with a rubber spatula folding until all is combined. Place back in the microwave for 20 sec and keep folding until fully combined.
- Add the egg to the mixture. Fold with a spatula or knead with your hands as fast as possible.
- While the dough is warm, cut into 4 segments and start forming long cylinders. Connect the ends of the cylinders immediately after making them so it's warm enough to seal.
- Place into a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden on top.