This low carb gingerbread man cookie is a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional gingerbread cookies.
Gingerbread Men Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sweetener (I used erythritol)
- 5 tbsp (100g) softened unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz warm cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp powdered sweetener (I used erythritol)
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, ground clove, salt, and sweetener (I used erythritol). Mix everything together, then add softened unsalted butter and vanilla extract. Mix it until fully incorporated.
- To flatten it, place a large parchment paper sheet on a flat surface. Add the dough on top and top it off with another large piece of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll it every direction until you have an even flat surface.
- Place the dough in the freezer with both parchment papers as they are. Wait 30 minutes until the dough is completely stiff.
- Preheat the oven to 325F/163C.
- Then take the top parchment paper off and use a cookie cutter to cut the cookies out as fast as possible. The dough needs to stay solid for the entire cookie cutting process. If it starts softening fast, place black in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Since the dough will be solid you can even use the cutter as a transfer vehicle by pinching slight after cutting and lifting it to the tray. Just press gently on to the cookies for easy release. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Once they come out, let them cool down completely.
- To make the frosting, whisk up 3 ounces of warm cream cheese until creamy. Then add vanilla extract and powder sweetener. Mix until fully incorporated and smooth. Place into a pipping bag with a small round piping tip and begin decorating your gingerbread men. Create zigzag lines at the top of every limb and add the eyes, mouth, and three buttons in the chest. Enjoy!