These muffins are a super convenient way of meal prepping your breakfast for the week. I love grab and go breakfasts and these muffins go so well with a cup of coffee in the morning to start the day with some fall vibes.
Maple Pecan Muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp maple extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp powder sweetener (I use erythritol)
- 2/3 cups roughly chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325F/ 162C.
- In a large mixing bowl, add large eggs, coconut oil, sour cream, vanilla extract, and maple extract. Mix everything together until fully smooth.
- Then, add almond flour, baking powder, and powder sweetener (I use erythritol). Mix everything until fully combined and make sure to get rid of any lumps of almond flour by pressing the mixture gently.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add roughly chopped toasted pecans and fold them into the mixture to combine. Add the mixture to a lined muffin pan.
- You can add some more toasted pecans on top of the muffins for aesthetic and extra crunch but it’s totally optional. Once that’s done, they'll bake for 30 to 35 minutes. It’s better to check them at the 30-minute mark to see if they’re completely set. Remove from the oven and let them cool down for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Calories 228 / Total Fat 22.7g / Total Carbohydrate 3.6g / Dietary Fiber 1.8g / Protein 4.5g / Sodium 29mg / Net Carbs 1.8g