Serve them with some unsweetened almond milk and give them a dip to enjoy these delicious healthy oreo cookie sandwiches.
Soft Oreo Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp black cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetener (I use erythritol)
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener (I use erythritol)
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 176C.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the egg, vanilla extract, melted cooled unsalted butter and mix it well until fully incorporated. Add sweetener (I use erythritol), almond flour, unsweetened cacao powder, natural black cacao powder, baking soda, xantham gum, and salt. Mix until everything is fully combined.
- On a parchment-prepared baking sheet, scoop your cookies at least 1 inch apart. With your fingers, flatten the surface and make sure the edges are smooth. Bake for 10 minutes. Let them cool completely.
- While they cool, make your oreo cream. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk it all up until it's all combined and creamed. Add the powder sweetener and mix again until is fully combined. Add your cream to a piping bag to fill each cookie.
- Refrigerate them for 15 minutes and Enjoy!