If you were looking for a quick and easy dinner idea for meal prep this weekend, this zucchini beef bake is just what you were looking for. It’s cheesy, packed with protein, and all the necessary fat to keep you full and energized.
Zucchini Beef Bake
- 2 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup low-carb marinara sauce
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 large zucchinis, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, cut into chunks
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F/176C.
- In a sauté pan over medium-low heat, add olive oil and let it warm up. Add chopped onions and sauté them until they start to sweat and get translucent. Then, add minced garlic and mix together.
- Add ground beef and mix it all up to prevent burning the garlic and onions. Add salt, paprika, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and low-carb marinara sauce. Then, mix it all up until fully combined and let it cook on low heat for 5 more minutes.
- While that cooks, cut the zucchini into ½ inch pieces. Once the meat is ready, add it to a baking pan with the chopped zucchini and mix it all up. Top it off with shredded cheddar cheese and mozzarella.
- This is going in the oven for 35 minutes at 350F or 176C. If your cheese starts to catch, cover the pan with foil at the 20-minute mark.
- To serve, sprinkle some fresh Italian parsley and Enjoy!